Monday, March 9, 2009

Kitty - Dawg - R.I.P

Death is never convenient...

Mrs. H was alerted that "Dawg" (Thing 1 did give it a name: Tink) was convulsing and not breathing well. So Sunday about 6 p.m., Mom and Thing 1 take Tink up to the ER Vet hospital.

Mrs. H calls me and asks me to get a sitter for Thing 2 as quickly as possible and come up. I sense I'm being summoned to put down the "Mean daddy" foot.

When I arrive, Tink is on 100% oxygen and the vet had done an x-ray. He so nicely tried to let us know that a whole bunch of "not good" was going on with kitty. An enlarged heart (most likely congenital heart defect - prognosis: not good), perhaps collapsed lung (may be treatable, but anesthesia may kill the kitty because she's not bringing in any oxygen); a herniated diaphram (can't tell if the liver is being sucked through... Anyway, exploratory surgery could reveal the full scope, but at what cost? It just wasn't good. That's where mean daddy gets to play his role...
It is difficult for me to recreate the scene, but I am tearing up as I think back to seeing the emotions of life and death play it's horrific game with both Mrs. H and Thing 1.

"We've only had the kitty for 2 weeks", I keep thinking in my mind. "And, besides, whoever dumped her into our yard and made her our problem - SHAME ON YOU!" Alas, I hope Kitty Dawg (Tink) is in a better place.

It really isn't the money, but, Damn it! Why does death have to be so inconvenient!?

I thought about some of the ironic humor involved with this, one of our family's stories, but I thought I will just post this little e-memorium for our sweet Kitty DAWG.

1 comment:

MiKell said...

Story done very well. Very sad about the kitty but Ryan said that he would of put the kitty down for free.