Saturday, January 10, 2009

Without a Clue


My wife loves the game and the movie. Me, (shoulder shrug) not-so-much. It was on the tv today and they showed all three endings (if you haven't seen it, it is worth watching).

Thing 1 was happy to watch as she has a new tv rule - no more than 1 hour a day on school nights and 3 allowed on the weekend. So she hen-pecked mom with questions while the movie was on.
Anyway, I thought the movie is funny - some good quotes:

Mrs. White: Well, it's a matter of life after death. Now that he's dead, I have a life.
Wadsworth: But, he was your second husband. Your first husband also disappeared.
Mrs. White: But that was his job. He was an illusionist.
Wadsworth: But he never reappeared!
Mrs. White: He wasn't a very good illusionist.

Another funny - Professor Plum claims to work for the World Health Organization, a part of the United Nations Organization - meaning he works for U-N-O W-H-O (terrible, isn't it).

4 comments:

The Laundry Queen said...

There's a movie?! Huh.

We got our kids Clue Jr.-- do you have that? They have to figure out who ate the cake, what they drank with it and where. Kind of cute.

Tamsen also LOVES the game. P and T should get together and Clue it up.

Colleen, Mike, Abbie and Aimee said...

I love the game, but have never seen the movie...now I am intrigued. I'll have to check it out! Good TV rule for Thing 1...but a bummer for you to have to listen to the complaints! I believe Abbie is beginning to like TV a bit too much...We may have to institue new rules around here...oh the joys!

Kari said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog. Dan is having a little too much fun on FB I think! We still quote the Clue movie after all these years - "I can't take any more scares!" "Flames on the side of my face" "I said no, meaning yes."

The Watty's said...

Hey Mister! Have you heard from your parents? Has your brother and fam started a blog? They NEED to so we can see them!!!! Does Kristine have one yet? I NEED addresses!