Friday, February 20, 2009

Freaky Friday

The house is a wreck because we're painting the kitchen - and those that have seen our high vaulted ceiling you understand how insane it really is to get it painted...

So Thing 2 is playing around the house. He really likes to get into things that aren't his. I think it might be his favorite thing of all...

He loves both Thing 1's play makeup and mommy's real stuff... And this seems to happen quite frequently - Thank goodness for child locks (but they're only good when they are being used...)

So this morning I'm in an out of the house trying to get stuff done. Mommy say's "Hey mister, Thing 2 is all yours, I'm not feeling well and am going to go nap."

"But...", I protest, of course it doesn't get me anywhere...

Anyway I call out my boy's name every couple of minutes to check where he is and to see what he might be getting into.

I do this about 11 am and I don't hear anything. No response so I start walking around the house. No sight of the boy. There are ladders in the kitchen and the table is blocking my ability to get out back, so I go out the front and open the side gate, walk around and still no sight of my boy. I panic. I go up to my sleeping wife and say, I've lost the boy. I'm going to walk around the block just to see if I find him.

The weather isn't terribly cold, but it is still cold and I'm certain Thing 2 wouldn't have either shoes or a coat on if he did happen to sneak out front without my noticing...

I walk all around our mini block and over to our neighborhood park looking out for little foot prints in the snow packed throughout the neighbor's yards and still... Nothing.

I am a wreck and cannot figure where he might have gotten himself. I come inside and quickly head upstairs... I'm about to awake the sleepy wife and then I come back downstairs to think where he could possibly be. I notice this lump on the couch
..


Peacefully asleep. Whew!!!!

2 comments:

Betsy said...

Man oh man is he busy!!! Love the doughboy - can only imagine the clean up on that one!

Jen said...

That's hilarious that you assume he's getting into something or taking off somewhere! He looks so innocent when he's asleep.