Sunday, December 21, 2008

Christmas Greetings

Hava Nagila - Hebrew for "Let Us rejoice" It truly is a wonderful time of year. Thing 2 looks so enthused... Years ago my mom gave me this cute little Austrian boy's hat. On me it really looks like a yarmulke or kippah. My mom says it is not.

Jewish men are required to cover their heads and should not walk more than four cubits without a hat. Wearing a kippah is described as 'honoring God'.
(Thanks Wikipedia)

To me, Christmas is best when I am with my family. So to my family (& friends) throughout the world:

Danish: Glædelig Jul
French: Joyeux Noël
German: Fröhliche Weihnachten

Greek: Kala Christouyenna
Hawaiian: Mele Kalikimaka
Italian: Buon Natale
Portuguese: Feliz Natal
Russian: Pozdrevlyayu s prazdnikom Rozhdestva is Novim Godom

And to my brother and his family: (Afrikaans): Geseënde Kersfees en 'n voorspoedige nuwe jaar - "Blessed Christmas and a prosperous New Year!"
Love West-side momma,Thing 1, andThing 2
Yours truly,

Wishing you all a Very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year, from our winter wonderland

2 comments:

Colleen, Mike, Abbie and Aimee said...

Merry Christmas back to you all! I love and miss you guys!

Hugs,
Colleen

The Watty's said...

Ok, I was just talking to your mom this morning...your Afrikkan fam needs to get blogging so we can see their kids! Bob does the painting...Peg does the hours of touch up. Merry Christmas to you and yours! We are heading to Mexico so...Fleas on your dog!