Thursday, December 11, 2008

Mood Music

I thought about doing some recurring feature here at my blogspot and one that came up quickly: Music. There are so many other good music-related blogs out there, I thought maybe my spin of the subject matter would be to share what connection I have to a song, a lyric, a band. It might be simply:
* This is cool, it has a good rhythm or beat - check it out
* Great lyrics; they touch me in some way
* Or just new discoveries or re-discoveries...

How to, and specifically what... Well, let's start and see where it leads. So, Mood music;
I was thinking about how it affects me emotionally.

Driving home tonight I had the mp3 player on shuffle, and Mat Kearney's catchy tune, entitled "Nothing Left To Lose" came on.



Lyrics:
...And I don't know how hard this wind will blow
, Or where we'll go
Come on and we'll sing, like we were free
Push the pedal down watch the world around fly by us

Come on and we'll try, one last time
I'm off of the floor one more time to find you

Come on and we'll sing, like we were free
Push the pedal down watch the world around fly by us
Come on and we'll try, one last time
And here we go there's nothing left to choose
And here we go there's nothing left to lose


It got me thinking about my life, I found myself singing along with the chorus (even doing the sing-hing and free-hee's along with it) and ... I cry so easily

Youtube -- See the whole song

2 comments:

The Laundry Queen said...

Awww. I love a softie! Just want you to know that I'm glad we have gotten to know eachother a little better as adults and don't have to live with only childhood memories. I like who you've become!

Colleen, Mike, Abbie and Aimee said...

Good song choice...I have never heard it before...but I actually like it! Mr. Tenderheart!