Wednesday, December 31, 2008

We're a football family


I hadn't really seen much of any of this year's BCS football games. I do like to watch college football; it's more 'all-out' than the NFL.

So the other night, I tried to watch the Oregon - Oklahoma State game. It was a really good game, too. Problem was, we (
alright, alright, I) had a few, oh let's just call them 'obstacles' to really enjoy the game. Nothing terribly negative, just a few "pay attention to me!" quips from the "things"; even from my sweet wife, who, strangely enough just wasn't into watching the game (Go ahead, ask her, she's a bigger football nut than I).

So, it's the 4th quarter and as I normally put Thing 2 to bed, it is time. "Ah, but! I don't want to at the moment", I secretly protest.

Thinking I can get him to sit with me (hoping he's ready to wind down) and then we'll go upstairs to do the 'night-night' routine (bath, stories, saying our prayers, rocking chair, then, a la Emeril Lagasse style "Bam!", bed) once the game is over.

So I say, "Thing 2 (using his real name) Wanna' watch football?"

"Nuh-uh", he replies.

Jokingly, I reply as the wife is playing on the computer just behind me, "Are you queering out on me boy?"

"Uh-huh" - the better half and I are both
ROTFL (you know, 'rolling on the floor laughing' - it's the text talk...)

Just had to share. I know the term is not PC, but I am a Democrat.

No comments: