Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Ho Ho, What?!?

Our pre-lit spinning Christmas tree blew a strand of lights and the wife tells me it's time to get a new one. Thinking I might be able to fix it, I tell her to not rush out and get a new one, besides, "we're going to pay an arm and a leg for a new one - 'tis the season, right?"

The wife had already made up her mind--New tree, no debate! So we found a decently priced replacement from the chic Martha Stewart line at Kmart (but I have a whole 'nuther post to expound on that...)

Thing 1 was so excited to help set up and decorate the new tree. She and mom really did a nice job decorating. Problem was Thing 2 wanted to help, too.

Over the past 2 weeks, our ornament trauma unit has seen a lot of action... I'm busy applying superglue where possible. (small tears...) we've had to send some off to the ornament graveyard.

One loss was a nice 5 inch Disney ears ball we picked up from Disneyworld back in 2000 (it was kind of like this one) - (sniff, sniff) it's gone.

So as ornaments are repaired we tend to place them higher up on the tree (out of Thing 2's reach), and it now looks so funny - it's so top heavy.



Thought this was a funny cartoon.

2 comments:

ivy said...

I remember you spinning tree. In fact, you are the only people I know who have one. Wow, you must be some high class friends! Keepers you are!

Colleen, Mike, Abbie and Aimee said...

The wife always does a nice job in the decorating department. We haven't had any ornament loss...only because I have very limited decorations and the glass ones stayed in the box this year. We have, however, had the tree pulled over 3 times. Luckily it's not a very large tree...not much harm done, but I am beginning to think the tree and the ornaments that I have on it...are going to be worse for the wear! Oh the joys of 1 and 2 year olds!